Senior Scientific Project Manager: Clinical Development
About Aiforia and the role
At Aiforia, an early-stage health technology company, we are looking for a scientist from a medical or biological background to join our science team in developing AI-powered image analysis solutions for the clinical diagnostics market. Are you ready to help healthcare professionals harness the power of AI in this demanding role?
This is a brand new role at Aiforia, supporting our entry into a new market. In this role you will be responsible for the development of new AI models for clinical use, by utilizing your scientific knowledge and skills in medical image analysis. You will also manage projects and external relationships with healthcare professionals and hospitals to help drive Aiforia forward in the clinical market. We are looking for someone proactive, who is ready to: engage with clinicians and scientists, participate at conferences and meetings, and help us identify new opportunities.
Role and responsibilities:
- Leading and managing development projects, as well as participating in the development of new AI models.
- Working closely with customers, collaborators and in-house teams: from planning to execution of the AI model development
- Engaging clinicians and scientists through: customer visits, trade shows, events, and product demonstrations
- Providing support and ideas for new business proposals and tactical planning
- Ensuring project quality and outcomes by demonstrating in depth knowledge of clinical diagnostics
- Maintaining clinical market knowledge and staying current on trends and news
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- PhD or MD or MSc in biomedicine — or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of relevant work experience within pathology or image-based diagnostics (ideally experienced in clinical research) and/or experience in product development for the clinical market
- Highly-motivated with excellent self-management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent written, oral, and presenting skills in English with ability to convey medical and technical details
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in leading small teams or projects
- Experience in working with international teams and/or customers
- Experience with regulatory approval processes
- Knowledge of and some experience with data analysis and visualization tools (i.e. Spotfire, R)
- Experience in AI and machine learning
What we offer
Excellent opportunity to work at the forefront of medical technology and bring novel AI innovation to the hands of medical professionals.
International and dynamic environment working with a team of motivated professionals in AI technology, software development, medical sciences and business development.
Possibility to grow with the role based on your results and experience.